This privacy statement serves to inform you of the processing of personal data when using our website, in accordance with Art. 13 GDPR.
You may visit our website and retrieve its content without providing personal information. Only if you send us a message using the contact form or in any other manner do we collect the data that you provide.
hicklvesting Public Relations GbR, Mommsenstrasse 27, 10629 Berlin, Germany, T +49 30 31990388, berlin(at)hicklvesting.com
2 Processing of personal data when visiting the website
2.1 Log files
For technical reasons, the following data are recorded, including data which your Internet browser transmits to us or to our webspace provider (so-called server log files):
- type and version of your browser
- operating system in use
- referrer URL
- webpage that you are visiting
- date and time of your access
- your Internet protocol (IP) address
We use this information for statistical purposes only, to analyze your use of the website and to create reports regarding the use of the website and, under certain circumstances, to be able to trace illegal activities.
Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. f GDPR constitutes the legal grounds for this (pursuit of legitimate interests). Personal data are processed on the grounds of our legitimate interests in analyzing the use of our website and optimizing our information offer as well as ensuring system security and preventing any misuse.
We use a cookie, meaning a small text file, which your browser stores on your terminal device. The cookie used is a session cookie, meaning it remains active until your browser session ends, after which it is automatically erased. The cookie which is placed when prompting the website saves the language that you chose to view the website.
You may prevent the storing of cookies by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser; however, please note that if you do this you may not be able to use the full functionality of this website.
2.3 Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics on our website. This is a web analytics service provided by Google Inc., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Irland (hereinafter: Google). Through certification according to the EU-US Privacy Shield Google guarantees that it will follow the EU’s data protection regulations when processing data in the United States. The Google Analytics service is used to analyze how our website is used. The legal basis is Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f) GDPR. Our legitimate interest lies in the analysis, optimization, and economic operation of our site.
Usage and user-related information, such as IP address, place, time, or frequency of your visits to our website will be transmitted to a Google server in the United States and stored there. However, we use Google Analytics with the so-called anonymization function, whereby Google truncates the IP address within the EU or the EEA before it is transmitted to the US.
The data collected in this way is in turn used by Google to provide us with an evaluation of visits to our website and what visitors do once there. This data can also be used to provide other services related to the use of our website and of the internet in general.
Google states that it will not connect your IP address to other data. In addition, Google provides further information with regard to its data protection practices at including options you can exercise to prevent such use of your data.
3 Processing of personal data which you provide to us
When you contact us, we process the data that you provided to handle your enquiry.
Art. 6 (1) lit. b GDPR constitutes the legal grounds for this (action required prior to entering into a contract).
4 Third-party processing
We use the following service providers (processors) who process data on our behalf:
- Fabian Magnus Isensee, Steinstr. 54, 81667 Munich
- zeitstil design + text GbR, Niemetzstr. 5, 12055 Berlin
- de GmbH, Tschaikowskistr. 21, 04105 Leipzig
Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. f GDPR constitutes the legal grounds for this (pursuit of legitimate interests). Our legitimate interest lies in the efficient performance of our services.
Without your consent, we will forward your personal data to third parties in the following cases only:
- Insofar as this is required for us to perform our contractual obligations. Art. 6 (1) lit. b GDPR constitutes the legal grounds for this.
- Insofar as this is required for us to pursue our legitimate interests. Our legitimate interests encompass in particular the assertion of claims. Art. 6 (1) lit. f GDPR constitutes the legal grounds for this.
- To comply with a legal obligation, e.g. in relation to tax authorities. Art. 6(1) lit. d GDPR constitutes the legal grounds for this.
5 Time period for storing data
We store your data for as long as this is required to process an enquiry or to perform the contract. This does not include data which we are not permitted to erase by virtue of a legal requirement (e.g. documents which must be kept under tax law and commercial law requirements) and data which are necessary to pursue legitimate interests, for example the assertion of claims.
6 Your rights
You have the following rights provided that the respective legal requirements apply:
- You have the right of access to personal data stored on you as a data subject (Art. 15 GDPR).
- You have the right to demand the rectification of incorrect personal data (Art. 16 GDPR).
- You have the right to demand the erasure (Art. 17) or the restriction of processing of data (Art. 18 GDPR) that are no longer required. If legal retention requirements apply, e.g. for business correspondence under commercial law and tax law or if any other legal exception applies, data will not be erased and instead, their processing will be restricted only.
- You have the right to data portability (Art. 20 GDPR), meaning the right to request that we provide the data that you shared with us in a structured, commonly-used and machine-readable format and that these data be transmitted to another controller without hindrance on our behalf; where applicable, you also have the right to request that we transmit the data directly to another controller, insofar as this is technically feasible.
You may object to the processing of your data for the purposes of direct marketing at any time, and even to any other form of processing of your data on grounds relating to your particular situation (Art. 21 GDPR).
To assert your rights, please refer to the above address.
If you believe that the processing of your data breaches data protection laws, you may lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (Art. 77 GDPR). The respective local supervisory authorities responsible for us are: Bavarian Data Protection Authority (Bayerisches Landesamt für Datenschutzaufsicht), Promenade 27 (Schloss), 91522 Ansbach, Germany (https://www.lda.bayern.de/); Berlin Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information (Berliner Beauftragte für Datenschutz und Informationsfreiheit), Maja Smoltczyk, Friedrichstr. 219, 10969 Berlin (https://www.datenschutz-berlin.de)
Version: May 25, 2018