Ingo Maurer, born 1932, started to design exceptional lamps and lighting systems in 1966, which his company, Ingo Maurer GmbH, produces and distributes worldwide. Among his best-known designs for serial productions are Bulb (1966), the low-voltage system YaYaHo (1984) and Lucellino (1992), the winged bulb. The illumination of the underground stations “Westfriedhof” (1998) and “Münchner Freiheit” (2009) in Munich as well as the pendulum “Flying to Peace” for Messe Frankfurt (2018) are only some of the highlights on the long list of commissioned works and spectacular individual pieces for private customers and public buildings.
Maurer has received a number of renowned design awards, among others, in February 2010, the Design Award of the Federal Republic of Germany and the Compasso d‘Oro in 2011.
Photocredits © Albrecht Bangert, Studio Ingo Maurer